On 30 October 2014, the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Latvia and the Latvian Museum of Contemporary Art Foundation signed a memorandum of intent regarding the building and development of the Latvian Museum of Contemporary Art. It was signed on the basis of the successful long-term collaboration between the Ministry of Culture, the ABLV Charitable Foundation and the Boris and Ināra Teterev Foundation, as notable benefactors in the realm of Latvian contemporary art, and ABLV Bank as the principal supporter of the formation of the Museum of Contemporary Art’s collection.
- Jānis Dripe – Architect, Ministry of Culture Investment and Project Department, Expert Māra Lāce – Director of the Latvian National Museum of Art,
- Jānis Mitrēvics – Artist, Founder of “Dd studio”.
- Helēna Demakova – Art Historian, Curator of the BITF “Art in Public Space” programme,
- Elīna Vikmane – Director of Boris and Ināra Teterev’s “TÊTE-À-TÊTE” arts programme,
- Zanda Zilgalve – ABLV CF Board Chairman,
- Kaspars Vanags – Art Historian, Head of the ABLV CF Arts Programmes
On 3 May 2016, in anticipation of the cententary of the Latvian State, the establishment of the Latvian Museum of Contemporary Art, in collaboration with philanthropists, was incorporated within the action plan set out in the Government Declaration regarding the implementation of the activities planned by Māris Kučinskis’ Cabinet; ratifying the collaboration with the NGO Latvijas Laikmetīgās mākslas muzeja fonds. More information is available here.